Thrift Shopping for the Stay at Home Mom
Thrift shopping is a great way for stay at home moms to find great bargain items to add to the wardrobe without going over your set budget limit. Also just because we spend alot of time with our kids doesn’t mean we don’t care about the latest fashion trends we realize that in these hard times we need to save money to take care of our family for whatever reason. So here are some of my thrift shopping tips found below.
1. Ask yourself if you like to go shopping for great bargains on clothes at a thrift shop. The reason why you should ask yourself this question is because thrift stores tend to require alot of time searching through racks and bins. You should always keep in mind that you may not always find your size or something that you like and find yourself leaving the thrift store empty handed.
2. Try to decide the right time for you to go. It is best to spend at least an hour hunting for bargains since you will have alot of ground to cover. Also you never know you could of skipped a ton of name brand items in your size just because you were in a rush. Another tip is that you should try to go at night since there are less people around than during the day time.
3. Go through your closet and decide what you need before your trip. This is a great way to help prepare yourself for the big thrift store trip after all if you have 30 pairs of jeans and only 5 pairs of socks it would be best to hunt for socks instead.
4. If you have no idea what you are looking for you can always start by going through everything that is by the door when you first enter than work your way to the bins and then to the racks of the store.You can also go through the shirts first and then the jeans or whatever else you think you can use.
5. Remeber some thrift stores tend to color code their clothes. This is a big time saver for you if you find that your local thrift stores organize their clothing products this way and to avoid the colors that you do not like.
6. Make sure the clothes you picked out have no stains, holes, etc before trying them on. Think about itwho would want stained jeans or socks with holes in them? Also make sure the zippers work properly and that no buttons are missing.
7. Time to try on the clothes. Be sure to look in the mirror and make sure that the clothes fit your don’t want to waste money on something that doesn’t look right on you.
8. Head to the cash register and return home to wash the clothes.